Core KS3 and 4 Uniformed Youth Engagement Programme
This programme is run over a minimum of one day a week for 12 weeks, and includes one overnight residential.
We use a range of training locations and activities to maximise experiences. Each programme concludes with an overnight residential and end-of-course awards ceremony to celebrate individual achievements.
Working in partnership with CVQO, we offer participants on this programme the opportunity to study for
Pearson Edexcel BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Teamwork, Personal Skills & Citizenship (14 Credits) (Participants need to complete one 12-week programme)
Pearson Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Teamwork and Personal Development in the Community (60 Credits)
- Up to 75% of the work required is covered by the Challenger Troop Core 36-Week Programme (full attendance is required)
- Mixes theory and practical skills, with an emphasis on leadership, teamwork, communications and health
- Develops valuable life skills for participants, potentially increasing their chances of gaining employment
- Includes CV development, interview techniques, presentation skills, first-aid, health, physical fitness and nutrition
In addition, we offer:
- Young Lifesaver Award through St John Ambulance
- Navigation awards through the Young Navigators Award Scheme